Discuss Likely a stupid question in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Apologies if this is a dumb question but is it against gas regs to swage a copper gas pipe?

That’s what I was thinking. I happened to come across last years gas safety cert at a property I was working in and the engineer had marked it down

Hmmm so this is a correctly formed socket not the best solder job I grant you but gas tight and as far as we know, to regs

Nope your fine

Nope same also the twitter lot only do them these days

Actually now you’ve said that I think I saw the other day someone saying illegal swaged gas pipe to PB. Were they just winding up?

Following up with this I bought some swaging drill bits. 15mm bloody brilliant 22mm not so much. Doesn’t seem to make a deep enough socket for the pipe to push into, the bit is marked 7/8” so is 22.2mm is this a big enough socket?? I can’t really see what else I could be doing wrong other than a poorly manufactured bit? Anyone know of a decent 22mm swage bit?

Reply to Likely a stupid question in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back