Discuss Limescale or what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the bottom of the toilet around the water line is what I thought was limescale,but no limescale cleaners have moved it. The toilet is thoroughly cleaned every week but nothing shifts it. Bleach fades it so it is less noticeable but even industrial limescale remover does not shift it.
I do not believe that it is limescale as there is no fizzing and bubbling when limescale removers are used. The surface is rough like feeling fine sandpaper so I am at a loss what it can be. I do not want to change the toilet as it is only 18 months old but if no solution is found then maybe I will have to. By the way I live in a hard water area in West Yorkshire.

In the bottom of the toilet around the water line is what I thought was limescale,but no limescale cleaners have moved it. The toilet is thoroughly cleaned every week but nothing shifts it. Bleach fades it so it is less noticeable but even industrial limescale remover does not shift it.
I do not believe that it is limescale as there is no fizzing and bubbling when limescale removers are used. The surface is rough like feeling fine sandpaper so I am at a loss what it can be. I do not want to change the toilet as it is only 18 months old but if no solution is found then maybe I will have to. By the way I live in a hard water area in West Yorkshire.

We are in a hard water area and get the very same. I use viakal and leave for an hour, then don the old rubber gloves and rub it off with nylon scotchbrite cloth(green stuff)........works a treat.

Sainsbury's bog standard 'Toilet Cleaner / Lime Scale Remover' - costs a pound a bottle, and it's brilliant stuff. It's in a blue bottle and has "5x more powerful than bleach" on it.

Remove the water from the pan and soak the pan with the cleaner, and leave overnight.

If it's built up you might need to repeat a couple of times, i.e. leaving it to soak overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Limescale or what? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock