Discuss Looking to gain on the job experience as a Gas Meter Fitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bazz

Can someone please help me to gain some on the job experience as a meter fitter as all job agency's require you to have experience, I will work for free.

Better say where you live Bazz for a response.

Why do you need to have experience with fitting meters?

surely it's just tightness test, ECV off, undo two unions, remove meter, fit new meter, redo tightness test, bubble test all joints and then purge and relight. Job done :)

i dont know why agencies are asking for this??

id just blag it mate and say you've done it for a few months on a previous contract. I doubt they'd check anyway :)

and current regulations for positioning fixing and.........wait.........no you dont, you just slap them in around the leccy meter. lol

and current regulations for positioning fixing and.........wait.........no you dont, you just slap them in around the leccy meter. lol
Of course. Otherwise you would have to clip the electric meter tails instead of cable tying them to the incoming gas main.

If you fit one outside. Make sure you have used 25kg of non setting putty to seal a 5mm hole around sleeve/pipe

Agree with tom just blag it. If you really need experience take yours off 50 times and do all the checks. That should do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to gain on the job experience as a Gas Meter Fitter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock