Discuss Low Nox boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

Have I seriously missed something here?

What is a low NoX boiler?

I installed a Worcester Junior today and it came with a code plug to enable me to convert it to low Nox if I required?

Any ideas? From looking at the updated data badge they sent with the plug it looked like the only difference I could see is that the heating output was lower.

its going to be the new standard on efficency for how efficent boilers are,nox is nitro oxide,there was an article in gs mag last month

The code plug drops the heat input to around 13kW, this allows the boiler to run at its optimum and drops the NOx (Nitrogen Oxide) from around 66 mg/kWh down to less than 40 mg/kWh

Its not just CO2 emissions thats got to be reduced across the UK, but the two are very closely linked so as one goes down the other does too.

the Code for Sustainable homes requires that we fit these now, the plug ins will just be for existing stock of boilers as the new ones will filter through they will be fitted as standard. its the new BAND A boiler

hope this helps
gb-gas

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I didnt recieve the last GS mag, will have a read up on the website.

I can see whats going to come next... Im gonna have to buy a FGA with a NOx sensor now!!

not to mention the fga low nox course you will have to take, plus the low nox awareness cert youll need to fit any low nox appliance
you will also need to register with the low noxs association
all these new certs will of course need up dating every two years
anyone want to bet against at least part of this comming true ?

not to mention the fga low nox course you will have to take, plus the low nox awareness cert youll need to fit any low nox appliance
you will also need to register with the low noxs association
all these new certs will of course need up dating every two years
anyone want to bet against at least part of this comming true ?

makes me noxious i feel sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Nox boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock