Discuss Low pressure once got water arrives at outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Problem is with a directly heated invented cylinder. Turning on a hot water tap alone, does not matter which,there is an excellent flow rate until actual hot water arrives at the tap. Then the pressure drops of considerably. Am I missing something obvious with this setup?

I am assuming you are not G3 qualified so you will need someone to investigate for you

What sort of tap Is it? Has the problem always been there or is it something new? How does your cold water flow rate compare to the hot water?

Problem is with a directly heated invented cylinder.

Fairly common problem with a couple of possible causes. Not fixable by the end user. You need a G3 (unvented) qualified engineer to attend and service the system.

Has the system been serviced annually by a qualified person? These systems do need periodic maintenance/checking by a competent person.

Last edited:
What sort of tap Is it? Has the problem always been there or is it something new? How does your cold water flow rate compare to the hot water?

Cold is fine at anytime. Hot is same until actual hot water arrives at tap, i.e. cold water in that bit of pipework got rid of after opening tap.

Fairly common problem with a couple of possible causes. Not fixable by the end user. You need a G3 (unvented) qualified engineer to attend and service the system.
Daughter's a place Has not been in long doubt been looked at in years.

Has the system been serviced annually by a qualified person? These systems do need periodic maintenance/checking by a competent person.

Fairly common problem with a couple of possible causes. Not fixable by the end user. You need a G3 (unvented) qualified engineer to attend and service

Doubt it has been looked at in years.

Reply to Low pressure once got water arrives at outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Need to pick your brains if you have a moment. I attended a flat where in one bathroom the hot water on the basin had major low...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock