Discuss Loyal customers choosing someone else to do boiler upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steosman

Just seeing if this has happened to anyone else. I've looked after an elderly couples plumbing and heating for a few years now, fixed there oil boiler, put in two new radiators and fixed a few other bits. I can remember she was talking about changing from oil to gas heating during the winter and i told her to give me a ring when she had decided. She rang me last week about black marks on the paint behind one of her radiators. I rang up the radiator manufacturers and got an answer for her, chemical reaction with paint. So rang her back and she told me she was changing over from oil to gas and had put down her deposit with the gas company, She said she didn't know i did gas. Things like this really get to me, i've looked after their heating for a few years and she didn't think i did gas. She could have phoned me and asked me. She could tell i was really peeved over the phone and couldn't say sorry enough, but i won't be going down to them when the guys who put in the boiler won't call out. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked in a guys house before putting in his heating system, then he asked me if i knew any plumbers because he wanted new basin taps and he seemed amazed when i told him i was a plumber !! point im making is some people aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer

Done that a couple of times, gone on a breakdown to an oil boiler that I've looked after to find its been changed. Not a problem, but what a couple of really expensive repairs! plus out with the old cd11 for all the defects on the install!

They pee me off big time, you do all the little rubbish jobs for years, all the time seeing the ancient boiler creaking away or the bathroom falling to pieces & then you go back one day to find those lucrative jobs have been done by someone else. I'm never in a rush to go back to those places for the small jobs again or if I do I make sure its not cheap.

Had that with a customer a year or so ago. Worked for myself for 5 or 6 years then work started really dropping off and was offered a 'proper job' doing reactive maintenance but still looked after my regulars, evenings and weekends etc. Done loads of work for this guy then was talking to a mate of mine and heard he'd had both bathrooms replaced and some rads changed and never even offered me the job. Then I gets a phone call 2 days before christmas, 3 rads leaking, 1 bog wouldn't flush and water coming through living room ceiling from bathroom.

I offered to send our lass round with some buckets...................... He's no longer a regular!

Horrid isn't it! Can't believe people don't understand to ask simple questions. I would always shout in a regular tradesman for anything unless another trade from a job forwarded a bit of work my way then I would give them a shout back !

nieghbour of mine old doll,always knocked on whenever,pump packed up,theromcupling went,or rads leaked for years,
charged her hardley anything,as being a nieghbour.
coming home one day 2 bg vans outside doing a combi conversion,could,nt believe she had,nt asked me for a price,anyway
christmas come ,she,s over boiler not working,knew it was a frozen con pipe.anyway for her i was on my christmas break,told her to ring bg
they did,nt come out for 2 days,which i thought was a shame as supped my tea smuggley from my cosy house.dont do nothing for her now
i,m always to busy

nieghbour of mine old doll,always knocked on whenever,pump packed up,theromcupling went,or rads leaked for years,
charged her hardley anything,as being a nieghbour.
coming home one day 2 bg vans outside doing a combi conversion,could,nt believe she had,nt asked me for a price,anyway
christmas come ,she,s over boiler not working,knew it was a frozen con pipe.anyway for her i was on my christmas break,told her to ring bg
they did,nt come out for 2 days,which i thought was a shame as supped my tea smuggley from my cosy house.dont do nothing for her now
i,m always to busy

It's right mate why is everyone losing out to companies like bg who overcharge anyway

It's right mate why is everyone losing out to companies like bg who overcharge anyway

Because the general public think the sun shines out their rses, big company = better service etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loyal customers choosing someone else to do boiler upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back