Currently reading:
Loyal customers choosing someone else to do boiler upgrade

Discuss Loyal customers choosing someone else to do boiler upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steosman

Just seeing if this has happened to anyone else. I've looked after an elderly couples plumbing and heating for a few years now, fixed there oil boiler, put in two new radiators and fixed a few other bits. I can remember she was talking about changing from oil to gas heating during the winter and i told her to give me a ring when she had decided. She rang me last week about black marks on the paint behind one of her radiators. I rang up the radiator manufacturers and got an answer for her, chemical reaction with paint. So rang her back and she told me she was changing over from oil to gas and had put down her deposit with the gas company, She said she didn't know i did gas. Things like this really get to me, i've looked after their heating for a few years and she didn't think i did gas. She could have phoned me and asked me. She could tell i was really peeved over the phone and couldn't say sorry enough, but i won't be going down to them when the guys who put in the boiler won't call out. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did work for a local bloke but he kept adding wee bits in here and there. Last winter went to start a bathroom for him and when I got there all the rads in the house had been taken off and the pipes were to get shifted under the floor extra work but no warning and not priced and a full days work. Then the big freeze happened and the client had freeze ups galore in the garage fixed three bursts one day then another two later. I never got asked back to do the other two bathrooms I think I got the blame for the bursts which were nothing to do with me and everything to do with not having a garage door fitted in minus 20!! (once a temporary door was fitted problem solved) although the lead feed in the bathroom we did froze underground. He has never used me since but I know he'll call one day and the answer will be guess what.!

She asked about the heating etc so I gave her brochures on Viessmann & Vaillant 5 year warranties etc best with a nice 250l unvented give me a shout and I'll give you a quote. Never even got asked.

Probably thought you robbed her and you should have did it for nothing or £20 because she knew your wife.

I've got mine warned never to give my number to anyone unless it is a serious enquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loyal customers choosing someone else to do boiler upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock