Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Macerator for WC, Sink and washing Machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lubo

I'm new to this forum, so I would like to say hello..

I'm fitting a downstars toilet and utility room. The toilet and sink will need a macerator.

Firstly, can I purchase a macerator which will take waste from a WC, Sink and from a washing machine?

Secondly, what is the most reliable mecerator you can buy (assuming it does the above).

Thanks in advance.

Lubo.

I would go for saniflo, if you have a look at there website its very useful, I would have a look at the saniplus, this will do wc and basin and a power shower.

The washing machine can be plumbed in after the saniflo, although some models will take the waste water from the washing machine as well.

I think the saniplus does take the washing machine waste.

Saniflow do macerators to cover most requirements, also have a look at Grundfos. Please be aware that macerators can be noisy when they operate to please factor that into your thinking.

Bob Croft & Secter Squirrel,

Thank you both for responding.

It just puzzled me that none of the specs mention a washing machine and a toilet. Some say toilet or washing machine.

I guess if a macerator can take the waste from a shower, then it should be OK for a washing machine.

Thanks again.

Lubo.

The reason that manafacturers dont allow you to install a washing machine, Kitchen sink and a WC together on the same machine,

One is due to grease and the build up of mixed matter & grease inside the box causes blockagee, A washing machine is notorious for passing items that would stop a macerators impellor dead and cause a flood pennies come to mind here the washing machines trap seems to pass them.
Domestic macerators due to the way they are made have a pre determined pump run time exceed this the oil gets hotter and it will overload the motor as the temprature rises and it will cut out and flood a Sanniplus was around 20 min pumping at 60 ltrs a min a lot less for a flow or top, a Vortoplast's run time is 35 min @ 280 ltr a min so unless its a comercially rated machine it will not run constantly.
A Saniplus wont run a proper power shower and the Sani shower starts to cavitate & the box starts to swell and will stop after 20 min of continous pumping @ 15 ltrs a min the higher the temprature the shorter the run time the same goes for virtually all the domestic macerators where the pump sits in the water like a steeping tea bag in a tea pot.
This is why you should use a machine dedicated to the washing machine & kitchen sink if in doubt don't assume contact the manafacturers own service or technical support for advice and not the local merchant or ask a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator for WC, Sink and washing Machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock