Discuss Magna Clean or Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
fitted my first tf1 last week not impressed leaked from the large o ring strait away prefer the magna cleans but a bit concerned on the o ring and iso issues

I've just fitted a TF1 with my new boiler and I'm very happy with it, it's so easy to use. I'm also pretty sure it came with a load of different seals to use if mounted in any position other vertically.

Ditto the one I fitted recently was also supplied with horizontal adaptors. I don't normally bother with them though not convinced they do that much good. I have never been back to an install yet with a sludge problem. I just follow the boiler manufacturers flushing procedure.

I fitted a magnaclean today after fitting quite a few TF1 filters over the last few months.
Got to say i won,t be fitting many more Magnacleans, The TF1 filters are so much better and much better to fit.

What are these new "Magnaclean Micro" filters I have seen in the merchants? Anybody used one?

Speaking to a BG engineer today he tells me he doesn't think much of the the Magnabooster 2 that they are now fitting. He told me that they dont seem to collect much.

The magnabooster2 is nowhere near as good at collecting sludge, just built better but if they don,t work then there is no point in fitting them.

What is the difference between a "Magnaclean Processional" and the "Magnaclean Micro" ?

I usually use the magna clean professional 2 but I recently fitted one of the Fernox omega TF1. The jury is still out at the moment as I have not been back to service the boiler yet. I do like its construction metal body, filter and magnet. It can also be fitted vertically, horizontal and also rotated 45 degrees if space is tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magna Clean or Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back