Search the forum,

Discuss magnaclean on top entry boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassed up

Gas Engineer
Installing a heat only boiler yesterday and came unstuck when fitting magnaclean to top entry pipework.

They seem to only be designed for bottom entry boilers with the return inlet at the bottom of the filter and outlet to boiler at the top. It was impossible to configure the pipework to have enough room to get onto boiler and still have clearance to remove the filter for cleaning.

Ended up putting it in the airing cupboard on the flow which i wasnt too happy about doing.

Anyone had this issue and / or know of a product suited to this scenario?

If its heat only can you not put it on the return pipework in the airing cupboard.

If you"ve put in on the flow in the airing cupboard you have wasted your time & money.Any existing sludge in the system will be pushed down the return into the boiler,so by the time what"s left comes out the boiler flow the damage has been done.Though i have never fitted a m/clean above a boiler,the company i sub for fit dozens above the boiler without probs,it can be tricky but it"s a case of making it fit.

Last edited:
Installing a heat only boiler yesterday and came unstuck when fitting magnaclean to top entry pipework.

They seem to only be designed for bottom entry boilers with the return inlet at the bottom of the filter and outlet to boiler at the top. It was impossible to configure the pipework to have enough room to get onto boiler and still have clearance to remove the filter for cleaning.

Ended up putting it in the airing cupboard on the flow which i wasnt too happy about doing.

Anyone had this issue and / or know of a product suited to this scenario?

Hi I always fit a y inline strainer and magnaclean,min a y strainer,cost is under 10 quid,and I learnt the hard way debris is not always magnetic and had a few magnetic filters fail,magnet lost strength .
If you try service engineers from boiler manufactures seem more willing to help you get up and running as they see you've tried.
As long as you clean strainer each year you should be fine

Could you not get this one in ?

ADEY Professional Heating Solutions - Filters - MagnaClean Micro2

not protecting the boiler very well on the flow.

The Micros have to have flow/return in the correct way round, they cant be reversed like normal Magnacleans.

I've never had a problem fitting a Magnaclean, it just involves 15 minutes extra work bringing pipework out and to the side from the top of the boiler. It's all pumped so not like it needs to go straight vertical up from boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to magnaclean on top entry boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock