Discuss Magnaclean or Fernox TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piratepete

Hi Guys
Do these 2 magnetic filters have any advantages or drawbacks over each other?
I need to buy and fit one, but which?

Pete

I'd have a magnaclean

TF1 has stronger magnet and is easter to fit and easter to clean and also has a cyclonic action to take other bits not just magnetic parts, magnaclean has awful valves but can be fitted in tighter locations and is slightly smaller. Rd1 is easyer to dose chemicals into aswell.

sory about spelling my phone changed the words easter is easyer rd1 is tf1

I prefer Total filter, it is bit cheaper, easier to install and use. Customer can clean it so often easily. Total filter installer set is a good value.

I'm installing this beside the boiler and breaking into the return pipe at ceiling level. The Magnaclean looks easier to install if both feed and return come from above but I suppose a few extra elbows is small beer if the TF1 is so much better?
Pete

If some one thinks one is better than others please could you give reasons why you think so? Would help people see if a particular benefit suits their needs

TF1 for me, removes magnetic and non magnetic particles. No messing about with those silly valves which leak on the magnaclean either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean or Fernox TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi - we have had new radiators fitted about 6 months ago ("DuraTherm Horizontal Double Flat Panel Designer Radiator" from plumbworld - sorry, this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock