Currently reading:
Magnaclean or Fernox TF1?

Discuss Magnaclean or Fernox TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piratepete

Hi Guys
Do these 2 magnetic filters have any advantages or drawbacks over each other?
I need to buy and fit one, but which?

Pete

I'd have a magnaclean

TF1 has stronger magnet and is easter to fit and easter to clean and also has a cyclonic action to take other bits not just magnetic parts, magnaclean has awful valves but can be fitted in tighter locations and is slightly smaller. Rd1 is easyer to dose chemicals into aswell.

sory about spelling my phone changed the words easter is easyer rd1 is tf1

I prefer Total filter, it is bit cheaper, easier to install and use. Customer can clean it so often easily. Total filter installer set is a good value.

I'm installing this beside the boiler and breaking into the return pipe at ceiling level. The Magnaclean looks easier to install if both feed and return come from above but I suppose a few extra elbows is small beer if the TF1 is so much better?
Pete

If some one thinks one is better than others please could you give reasons why you think so? Would help people see if a particular benefit suits their needs

TF1 for me, removes magnetic and non magnetic particles. No messing about with those silly valves which leak on the magnaclean either.

My negative towards an adeys magnaclean .. the compression fittings leak beyond belief!!! No matter how much you try to prevent before installation I have no confidence and have been let down more times than I can mention!!! Sad coz I like the ability to remove and clean :)

fitted loads of magna cleans and tf1 i have to honestly say the magnaclean DOE,S COLLECT​ more crud than the tf1 ,has better isos(the tf1 can be hard to start off on the thread) been fitting both for 3 years so time will tell

Anyone done Sentinel System Filters? Opinions?

I'm considering fitting a few of these to our stock.

Bugger! They are one of the less obtrusive looking of them all. Most of our boilers are fitted in kitchen and I can just hear all the carp I'll get for whacking in a TF1 or Magnaclean.

• Friendly
Reactions: Kit
I like tf1, price, does the job. Even bg moving over from magna clean for some reason. Although I don't know why as they are good. Spira tec... no, don't do the same job as the other two.

Bugger! They are one of the less obtrusive looking of them all. Most of our boilers are fitted in kitchen and I can just hear all the carp I'll get for whacking in a TF1 or Magnaclean.

If i am fitting in a kitchen where there is no place to hide the filter i will fit a spirotech and on occasion the sentinel filter. The spirotech is a better filter but is still way behind the TF1 or even the magnaclean. The best thing about spirotechs and sentinel filters is they are made of brass and are less obtrusive but they do not collect as much debris as the others.
You can fit a system filter anywhere. It doesn't have to be fitted on the return directly before the boiler. None of them catch the dirt in one (or 25) pass anyway so if you can fit it elsewhere (even looping up in a cupboard) it is worth considering a TF1 or magna.
TF1's are my preference but they are hardest to work in if you want both cleaning options. Magnacleans have improved slightly (we'll see).

independant tests have shown the adey magna to be the most efficient at collecting . theres a link on the magna website to it showing how much each filter collected during trials. spiro's are the easiest to fit.
if fitting in my own place i d use an adey magna ( also now available in white , looks slightly better if exposed under boiler in a kitchen)

Thanks Guys for all your opinions. On balance it looks as if the TF1 wins if you have an unobtrusive place to fit it (I do). I get the general impression from this thread and elsewhere that it is the most effective filter and that it doesn't suffer from the apparent installation problems (leaking fittings) of the magna. Also a bit cheaper than the Magna though may take longer to fit as the inlet/outlet fitting directions are fixed.
Cheers
Pete

JUst an add on Pete, tf1 although good are the same as many things. they can have problems. Had 2 leaks in all I've fitted. Both I fixed.

Sentinel filter for me brass compression fittings best every time !easy to clean and you can use drain valve on them when flushing system with cold mains.can only fit on vertical pipe ?not really a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean or Fernox TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock