Discuss Magnacleanse Vs Combimag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
There are a lot of threads on the magnacleans but none that compare..

So.. To use inline with a pumped machine, which is the best magnet to go with, the Magnacleanse or the Combimag?

I know you can use the combimag inline with the powerflush machine, is this the same for the magnacleanse as the install of it looks a bit more complicated. From everything I've read it's best suited if you're installing a magnafilter first.

Can anyone shed any light?

I want to buy one to go with the powerflush machine I bought but I don't know what one to get. I'm leaning towards the magnacleanse just because it has twin magnets as opposed to the single that the combimag has. But nowhere says it can be used inline... :/ and I've seen no pics/vids that show it being used inline

The magnacleanse comes with hoses, valves and quick connect couplings. Very easy to connect to your machine whichever make it is.

another vote for the magnacleanse and you can use it inline

what powerflusher you got?

The magnacleanse comes with hoses, valves and quick connect couplings. Very easy to connect to your machine whichever make it is.

Do you use a magnet filter as well as your PF machine?

Aye all the time. Its quicker and it impresses the customers when they see the amount of shyte you are wiping of the magnets

another vote for the magnacleanse and you can use it inline

what powerflusher you got?
I got the Anton one in the end. Got the plate ex and pump head adapter and a free infrared thermometer for about 700, the flow rate is excellent, and all other specs are same as kamco unit.. Even if it only lasts me a few years it'll be worth it - defo gonna get the magnacleanse though, it looks good and twin mags

Also, do you guys pH and TDS test? Can you recommend a TDS meter if so? I'll just use the paper pH strips if I need to test

I use the Kamco TDS and pH meters. You can get cheaper ones on the Internet, but who knows what quality they are?

In theory, the issue with any such meter is the need for calibration. For the pH meter, distilled water is good enough. For the TDS you need to get a calibration solution (from Kamco).

In practice, use clean incoming mains water (kitchen tap), using that as a reference for TDS and pH, then provided the tested samples ex radiators / flushing are within 10% you'll be OK. If the MI's state a pH value for the water (e.g. Vaillant) then use litmus paper to ensure incoming water is within range, although there's not much you can do if it isn't!

Combimag for me, can see I to it, bypass when cleaning. I use a turbidity tube when flushing don't get the tds out unless I need a number to fill into a form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnacleanse Vs Combimag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hello all and Merry Christmas, We are in the process of planning the replacement of our 50-year old heating boiler serving a residential block of...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock