Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Main HE A; no wall fixings in pack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmheat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

I was very surprised to find no plugs/screws with the boiler or accessories pack?!

I'm not sure if it's an accident or whether they don't send any with these? I've never come across that before!

I've always used what comes with the boiler, so....any personal favourites?

Regular brick cavity wall. Nylon plugs and coach screws? Rawl bolts?

7/8mm brown rawl plugs will be fine mate, if the holes are bigger than the screw head(if they are mean for bolts they *might* be) then get some penny washers :)

I never use any of the screws what comes with any boiler, radiator ,towel rad etc . I tend to find they issue you with crappy fixings. Some of the wall plugs they give you are too wide me thinks.

I never use the fixings that come with them either, just the screws mentioned above depending on the wall, always use washers tho with the boilers.
Fitted a lot of main HE's but can't remember if they come with fixings as don't use them.

Thing that annoys me with some stuff, mainly bathroom stuff with fixings is when the screw head is Phillips even tho we're all using pozi's over here.
other than you chaps in Scotland still using slotted with a yanki screwdriver, haha.

I never use the fixings that come with them either, just the screws mentioned above depending on the wall, always use washers tho with the boilers.
Fitted a lot of main HE's but can't remember if they come with fixings as don't use them.

Thing that annoys me with some stuff, mainly bathroom stuff with fixings is when the screw head is Phillips even tho we're all using pozi's over here.
other than you chaps in Scotland still using slotted with a yanki screwdriver, haha.

Nowt wrong with a yanki, not that I've ever used or has one :lol:

Not only we still on slotted sometimes the slotts missing and we use them as hammer fixings. Funny thing is no boilers fell of wall yet. YET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main HE A; no wall fixings in pack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Good morning, I have a hinged shower screen for my bath that I don't have fixings for. The guide holes in the screen line up with guide holes in...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've recently bought a house and the drain is open in the conservatory. I think it's an old clay grey water drain and has the pipe from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping that you can give us some advice. We're in the UK, and have contracted a company to completely refit the first floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock