Discuss Mains pipe upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fd3typer2

Hi,

I'm on a job which is outlined in another post, but have been reading bits around the forum and find myself wondering something.

One of the jobs is to upgrade the 1/2" lead supply from the pavement to 25mm. Is there any benefit to using 32mm blue instead?

The house will have 3 bathrooms and a 310 litre unvented cylinder.

Thanks

Give improved flow rates due to less restriction from the smaller bore pipe.

Allows for any future upgrade

May cost a little bit more

I'd deffo do it. For the 'just incase'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the price difference in the pipe compared to the overall cost of the job I would run it in 32mm. Might be overkill but it will probably only add about 5% to the cost of the job, if that.

You could get someone in to calculate the incoming mains pipe for your house.
I’d say 32mm is more than enough.

Thanks guys, as cost is not an issue in this case (I wish I could say that more often!), I'll drop in the 32mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains pipe upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock