Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow or Combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trader21c

Hi there all - we're doing a loft conversion in our house so will have a 4 bed property with 2 bathrooms - should we be going for a megaflow or a combi as a couple of gas-fitters have quoted for? They seem v keen just to rip out the old system and put in a combi - I'm not sure this would be best for the size of our house. My feeling is that the megaflow would be best ... we currently have a very reliable old boiler but it is about 15 years old ... so also wondering if we should just keep this for the time being and fit a Megaflow. Whatdoya think? Thanks :drunk:

Unvented, or biggest k/watt combi if can't afford the unvented.

if you have the space and the budget then go for unvented cylinder and system boiler, doesn't really need to be a megaflow there are loads out there find a decent engineer who will be able to find the right system to suit your budget.

p.s where abouts are you ? someone on here may be able to offer their services

Megaflo or another brand of unvented cylinder, assuming you have somewhere to site the cylinder.

go unvented! id never push a combi if i had chance of putting one in as there excellent and i enjoy putting them in

Hi Guys
Thank you so much for all your advice I got the plumber fit in with vailliant megaflow system with existing boiler and it works like dream even we have a old got the main

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow or Combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
Boiler and Megalow mistery Hi, Just moved into a house from a flat and I have a couple of queries. We have a Worcester gas fired boiler - Greenstar Ri (in the kitchen on ground floor) and a megaflow (on the first floor) plus a small red tank that I do not know what it does. Heating is set to...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am looking to replace an oldish boiler and hot tank with a combi boiler. The house dates from around 1968 and quite possibly the (copper) piping could be that old. I had someone round to give a quote and they said they would not recommend a combi boiler because the piping downstairs was buried...
Replies
Views
I have a megaflow system with a tank in the loft, and a combi boiler in tbe kitchen. I don't need the amount of hot water provided by the megaflow (it was installed by the previous owners). How easy or not and expensive would it be to remove the megaflow tank and switch to just using the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock