Discuss Megaflow or Combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trader21c

Hi there all - we're doing a loft conversion in our house so will have a 4 bed property with 2 bathrooms - should we be going for a megaflow or a combi as a couple of gas-fitters have quoted for? They seem v keen just to rip out the old system and put in a combi - I'm not sure this would be best for the size of our house. My feeling is that the megaflow would be best ... we currently have a very reliable old boiler but it is about 15 years old ... so also wondering if we should just keep this for the time being and fit a Megaflow. Whatdoya think? Thanks :drunk:

Unvented, or biggest k/watt combi if can't afford the unvented.

if you have the space and the budget then go for unvented cylinder and system boiler, doesn't really need to be a megaflow there are loads out there find a decent engineer who will be able to find the right system to suit your budget.

p.s where abouts are you ? someone on here may be able to offer their services

Megaflo or another brand of unvented cylinder, assuming you have somewhere to site the cylinder.

go unvented! id never push a combi if i had chance of putting one in as there excellent and i enjoy putting them in

Hi Guys
Thank you so much for all your advice I got the plumber fit in with vailliant megaflow system with existing boiler and it works like dream even we have a old got the main

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow or Combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock