Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob.quick

We've moved into an house with with a 3 year old condensing boiler with, immersion tank ( old style with jacket) and open vented system. Mains water pressure is good however, the hot water pressure is poor. We are about to rip out the bathroom and want two good well pressured mixer showers.

Is a Megaflow the way forward? If so, for a professionally trained person is it a simple case of replacing the current immersion tank with a Megaflow or is there more things to consider ??

Thanks.

There's a little but more to it than that. But it is the future

It's alot cheaper than a pump and it's my personal preference

There are things to consider:

The flow and pressure of you cold water main.
The size of your cold water mains.
The condition of any fittings/brassware on the system that might suffer under thei increased pressure.
The route of the discharge pipe work.

That's the main criteria.

a megaflow would give you a lot of water under high pressure its the way to go

Apologies guys, I wasn't trying to over simplify anything, just wasn't sure if a Megaflow was a piece of equipment or the way a complete system was plumbed.

Would the cost of installing be 'similar' to that of fitting any immersion tank (labour not parts)?

Does it need to be compatible with my boiler or anything like that? Dont panic it's not going to be a DIY job just want to get my head around it !!

Many thanks

cost would be a lot higher than installing a low pressure vented cylinder and the installer of the unvented cylinder needs to be g3

Gas man, my system is currently vented, I assume Megaflows are all unvented? Could the right person convert my system/equipment to run in this way?

yes megaflows are unvented and yes as long as you have good mains pressure your system could be converted

I appreciate fully you can't give an estimate however are you talking hundreds or thousands??

Thanks.

Magaflow just for the tank is around ÂŁ1500.00 + vat + fitting Think about fitting a new larger hot water cylinder with 3 bar shower pump

Wouldn't use a megaflow though, overpriced and have issues. My preference is an unvented cylinder with an external expansion vessel. Also worth considering purchasing a twin coil model so that you could add in solar thermal at a later date.

881 + vat +fitting 210 litre and an extra 300 + vat for the solar version.

Last edited:
you can get cheaper version/makes than a megaflow that work just as well though

Many thanks for the alternative options, can you be any more specific ??

Makes, models, reviews, web links ?

Thanks

Many thanks for the alternative options, can you be any more specific ??

Makes, models, reviews, web links ?

Thanks

Megaflo is a brand name and market leader for Heatrae Sadia's unvented cylinder. There are other brands of unvented cylinders, which are generally cheaper than Megaflos. Unvented is definitely the way to go if your water pressure and flow rate are suitable.

Like what he ^ said.

Personally I'd let the plumber specify the cylinder etc, after all it's what you're paying him for right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock