Discuss meter installer jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aki.s1965

are there any meter installers out there willing to let me tag along and gain nececcary experience.Catch 22,have ccn1 + met1 but no one will even consider giving me a job without experience.Will work for free and am good worker tel 07782195701 simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno how that can be right Simon, how much experience does one need to be a meter fitter.
Unless of course the requirement is for Testing and Purging experience, but that said, you must be deemed competent to hold CCN1

thats insane!

ccn1 + met1

what more experience do u need??? u have ccn1.

Anyone who can read can pass CCN1 but even for the most mundane and seemingly simple of jobs you still need experience.
As for tagging along, meter fitters work for companies. A bit like asking your mate if you can tag along to his job. It's not going to happen.

according to agencies minimum 6 months. I pointed out that i regularly remove meters then reinstate existing meter purge and relight all appliances .Not good enough.They want meter exchange experience

Exactly,can 't get my head round it.Only been qualified 12 months but i pride myself on doing a good job.Have come across all sorts of shoddy work over the last twelve months.Stuff that i wouldn't dream of doing.I could exchange the meters blindfold but hey they want 6 mths min experience

Exactly,can 't get my head round it.Only been qualified 12 months but i pride myself on doing a good job.Have come across all sorts of shoddy work over the last twelve months.Stuff that i wouldn't dream of doing.I could exchange the meters blindfold but hey they want 6 mths min experience

Price work leads to rushed jobs! Most metering work is being brought in house by the suppliers now though - best bet would be to send your CV to the big companies.

Please Let me take Guess.!!! I bet this is for a recruitment agencey i bet the agencey is either O***n E*******h -R*G-Mu*****K.......tell them to get stuffed these are the very people that are killing our Industry they will be getting between £ 40-£60.00 per domestic meter exchange & will be not passing on to the engineers IE travel time/after hours, allowances,mobile alowance ,,Training@£1500.00 per man perwk..
if you have to go direct to the meter company at least these Parasites will be suffer in their greedy pockets...

Last edited by a moderator:
if it's for an Agency just blag it and tell them youve been doing it for over six months if they want a reference give them you're mates phone number most times they don't bother ringing. An agency will treat you like scum so you need to do the same to them use them just to get experience don't give them any loyalty, they're just out to make a quick buck from you.

Agree with meterman...dont let biro knibblers pimp you out. Be proud and market your own skills.

Please Let me take Guess.!!! I bet this is for a recruitment agencey i bet the agencey is either O***n E*******h -R*G-Mu*****K.......tell them to get F****d these are the very people that are killing our Industry they will be getting between £ 40-£60.00 per domestic meter exchange & will be not passing on to the engineers IE travel time/after hours, allowances,mobile alowance ,,Training@£1500.00 per man perwk..
if you have to go direct to the meter company at least these Parasites will be suffer in their greedy pockets...

is it not the suppliers that sub the work out?? if they did not then there would be no need for "parasites". Not saying i dont agree with you but the system has been created by the energy suppliers.

All I can add to you guys who have commented on this Issue Is ,,that All the Companies who Sub-Contract there Meter Service to, Need to Start to read there own company Policy & Procdures ,in the required Metering Scope they are registered to undertake,then read There Own Codes of Conducts on Procurment- & then Think Long & Hard then ask themseleves This Question:- Are we Following The Correct Guidelines that are Set by the Regulator Offiice for Gas & Electric Markets -OFGEM..........Not to be to smug ........No they bloody well dont follow the correct Guidlines.......Chhers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets be honest most companies will cut corners be it a small local firm or energy supplier to save money, the first person to suffer is normally the employee followed by the customer. profit is king no matter what company it is. The energy suppliers subs out work to save money, they know the work will be done to min guidelines or worse but untill the muck hits the fan they wont say a thing cus they make more money.

Same with health and safety, things are done which should not be to save money. Its not right but its how it is. Its not untill an near miss or worse in some cases that things are changed. I have see workers removed of sites because they were unwilling to do something unsafe and replaced with workers who would do what they were told. Money talks.

Its the same with every job no matter what, you must have direct experience of that exact job or you won't be considered. LIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to meter installer jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys, any meter installers about? im looking to complete a course to get CCN1 qualified and met1 qualified so I can look at becoming a smart...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking for any gas engineers vacancies in the north west if any engineers/companies can help me out. I have just completed an Managed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock