Discuss Mira Excel - Getting to filters in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, Need a bit of advice on getting to the inlet filters on a Mira Excel i think 2010 version
I've read and watched lots of advice on doing this ,
Remove the temp control knob
Remove the Flow lever
Remove another ring, which shows the cartridge
Unscrew 4 screws (took a bit of cleaning to remove limescale from these to undo)
Then wobble out the cartridge and they should be on the inlets on the casing

Trouble is, when i get to the last but one step, I cannot remove the cartridge from the casing
no end of wobbling and levering .. i might crack the 4 little plastic clips that hold the back of the cart to the front.. But still i cannot get the cartridge to come away from the back casing..

Any suggestions as to good way to do this ? Is it limescaled in ? If so how to free? Im stumped if its stuck in casing...

Last edited:

Reply to Mira Excel - Getting to filters in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Old shower (20-30 years) had a Mira Excel installed that split in the inlet - not repairable from what I can see as the inlet pipe is now...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice on a recent shower issue. We've had the shower installed since about 2016, and it's been relatively trouble...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock