Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mixer tap leaking from base of spout in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am after a bit of advice on a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen.

Water is leaking from the area highlighted and varies with the amount of water pressure when using the taps, that might seem obvious, but I am not DIY minded :).

I have removed the mixer and replaced both O rings on the base but it's still leaking, although maybe slightly less. Any suggestions would be welcome. I have I just got the wrong size washers? I did match them when they were replaced.

I have done some research, and everything points to it just being those o rings.

Thanks

2022-11-08_11-49-44.png

Reply to Mixer tap leaking from base of spout in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock