Search the forum,

Discuss Moaning about change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change is normally for the good ,
but I,m not sure who gains from these

For starters here a a few that have changed in my life !
Can others think of a few more ?

A Job for life , GONE ( I'm not sure when , feels like 20 yrs ago)

Honesty within criminals ( Cyber Hackers have a - SCAM warning tool now -Black list )

Respecting your elders ( appears have gone in last 15 yrs )

Replacing copper with plastic ( cheapskates )

Paying 3 quid for a coffee in a paper cup.

Greasy spoon cafes replaced with juice bars.

Having a *** in the warm

Nippers glued to their phones. We didn't have them whilst I was growing up and I'm happy about that. Every time I look to see how the lads are getting on in the workshop they are on their phones.

This new forum , looks like I need to learn to use a WordProcesor (where's spallcheck)!

(The Mrs watching Box sets late night ... Blue tooth headphone's for some quiet ? )

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moaning about change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold rad's, another one get pretty warm, flow pipe hot, return v.luke warm. (Both rad's I have manually flushed really well) Hot water works fine, boiler return...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a separate programmer and a simple room thermostat for zone 1 and programmable thermostat for zone 2. I have purchased the Drayton Wiser 3 zone kit and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the waterboard and can't work out what's happening. For the past three months, they're saying we're using a huge quantity of water - 700 litres per day at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock