Discuss Moving from Gas to Industrial Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

combo

Hi,
Just wonering if anyone has moved from Plumbing/Gas into Industrial work, like pipefitting and labouring on engineering sites. I'm trying to get some contact details ( agencies etc ) and maybe get a start as a Labourer/Fitters mate. I've rang around a lot of agencies like UK Engineering/Rise etc but no one seems to actually deal with the Labourers and mates side of things.
I was hoping that my NVQ 3/ Gas safe registration ( even though it aint relevant on site ) and past engineering experience might go in my favour, I've just got my CCNSG safety passport too.

Dave

The problem I'm having is finding who recruits the lower tier of workers. I've spent all this week ringing agencies but they only deal with the fully skilled positions.

Yeah where are you bud? One of my best mates only does industrial. Zinc furnaces and all that. I've worked on a few with him, it's hard and filthy graft, hanging off fittings with 24 inch stillys.

Thanks for that, I've just had a look at DuPont and I'll send my CV thru.
I'm up in Liverpool but I can work anywhere in UK, got no ties here.

Look in the sun on a Thursday always advert for fitters mates in there

Also not sure of the company's doing it but London cross rail is a busy work place at the minute for engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving from Gas to Industrial Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock