Discuss Myson Power Extra replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jumbopants

Hi All,

Looks like I need to replace my Myson power extra as in the attach. it's making a loud noise in auto mode and now only works when it's move to manual mode, want to make sure that I get a direct replacement but can only see Myson Power Extra on the outside, is there any model number ? If so where can i find this out ?

I live in Cardiff area so any sugestions as to where would be the cheapest place to obtain this unit from ? Also is it only elextrical ? Or would I need to drain the central heating to take out and refit the new one ?

Massive thanks in advance for any help/advice

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 12
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi All,

Looks like I need to replace my Myson power extra as in the attach. it's making a loud noise in auto mode and now only works when it's move to manual mode, want to make sure that I get a direct replacement but can only see Myson Power Extra on the outside, is there any model number ? If so where can i find this out ?

I live in Cardiff area so any sugestions as to where would be the cheapest place to obtain this unit from ? Also is it only elextrical ? Or would I need to drain the central heating to take out and refit the new one ?

Massive thanks in advance for any help/advice
think you can get these from plumb/parts center

look on the opposite side pal it will have an MPE number E.G MPE222 (2port 22mm etc)

You can just change the head (electrical bit). No water issues.

photo (3).JPGThank you all, info is on the underside, just need to get one now :smile:

Good lad 2 port 28mm zone valve, easy job....no earth but dont panic as they are double insulated

cheapest I've found so far is 52 notes incl. del.on ebay, is this about right ? with xmas around the corner £££ is tight ...

cheapest I've found so far is 52 notes incl. del.on ebay, is this about right ? with xmas around the corner £££ is tight ...

Paid £44 for 22mm version a few weeks ago and i had to collect lol so do it, its about right

Remove two screws take head off and make sure body is not sticking, should move easily by hand. If body not siezed just replace head otherwise draindown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Power Extra replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All, hoping you can help me out with some advice. I have a triton AS2000x manual power shower, we had a power cut last night after the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi - I want to replace Aqualisa power shower to mixer shower to a std. mixer shower, however, the centres for the hot and cold are only 65mm. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, we've been having a problem with our motorised valves. Every time the heating turns off there a number of loud bangs as if the water is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock