Search the forum,

Discuss need help making old back boiler redundant (please) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan Smith

as above looking to make my old back boiler redundant ,

reason is that i have had a new central heating system installed , that has made the old coal fire back burner no longer usable ,

since this has been done the contractors did not drill the old back boiler ,
instead they left the pipes open up at the hot tank

now the fun bit , i have installed a insert stove into the old fire , problem i now have is that when i have the stove lit the stove is bleeding some heat into the backboiler , causing the boiler to blow steam of up at the hot tank where the back boiler,s pipes have been disconected ,

so im looking to remove as much as possible water from the back boiler , and also make sure the boiler will never be used again ,

where do i drill ? or can i drain from the pipes at the side of the fire ?
i have uploaded pics to help ( if more pics needed let me know )

thanks ryan
2012-04-05210207.jpg

2012-04-05205540.jpg

2012-04-05205522.jpg

2012-04-05223001.jpg

2012-04-05223108.jpg

2012-04-05223221.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need help making old back boiler redundant (please) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

when I removed the back coal saver I can now see the mental back boiler. I could not see the back boiler when I put the coal saver in place last year . Do I recover the metal back boiler in fire cement or is their something better. The fire cement at the bottom of the photo is where I block...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and I believe, they are decommissioning the back boiler. I have only discovered today there is no access to the water jacket, so will it be good enough...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water was dripping from the condensation pipe. Our regular gas engineer(who installed the boiler) was not available and will be in a couple of days. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock