Discuss Need help wiring a new digital thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am removing an old Honeywell thermostat and trying to install a new Drayton Digstat +3. However i cannot understand what wire needs to go where.

The old honeywell wires were as follows:

Brown wire in position 1 which is listed as live on the thermostat diagram
Blue wire in position 2 which is apparantly neutral
Yellow/green wire in posiion which is also apparantly neutral.

On the new thermostat I have 3 connections:

C = I believe the brown live goes here??
ON = I believe the blue neutral goes here??
OFF = I put the yellow / green here ?

Any ideas what this should be? when I try the above the fuse blows on the plug that powers the whole central heating electrics.

Thanks

Marc

you have a wire missing you should have red,yellow,blue ,yellow and green if your connecting yellow/green to live this will cause a problem as its a earth wire,what system do you have?

think you need a plumber or sparks the neutral has to be re utilised for a switched live by altering in your wiring centre do you know if its a fully pumped system?

red/brown wire to common

yellow wire to call for heat (switched live) to normally on

Stat may not require neutral

Last edited:
red/brown wire to common
Blue is neutral
yellow wire to call for heat

yes but the op is connecting a green/yellow cable this is a earth or someone has wrongly used it as a control wire

sounds good to me blue wire is for the antisapater sorry cannot spell

yellow green signifies earth
try c brown on blue
nothing connected to off ie - if the digistat has a square within a square symbol it does not require an earth and so if there is no earth connector then tape up the green and yellow wire so that it cannot touch anything
if all works out then the blue wire requires a brown piece of tape at the connection point to signify that it is a switched live and NOT a neutral
not really familiar with digistat but schematic looks simple enough
hope this helps cheers
also the power is separate on this model and comes through the switch fused spur or plug/socket arrangement including a 3 amp fuse and goes to the 2 separate pins
ie 3 pins for thermostat - use 2 and live/ neutral from mains supply

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried C = Brown , ON = Blue. the thermostat seems to work but the boiler does not come on at all?

Happy new year everyone by the way!

your better off getting some one in TBH you could damage something or yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help wiring a new digital thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock