Discuss need longer slotted basin waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HKquarryman

Anyone know where I can get hold of a longer 1 1/4" slotted basin waste? Best I can get is 90mm but I really 120mm or so, ideally with click-clack or swivel plug but old-fashioned chain plug would do. It's for a bowl-type basin that sits on top of the vanity, and the waste needs to reach down below the rather thick marble vanity top. Any suggestions anyone?

Hans

how big is the hole in the marble? you can get extensions but the nut might be too large for the hole. look on toolstation, bsp coupling comes in 1" 2" and 3" lengths could be what you are looking for.

shame it's not 1 1/2" as you could use a belfast sink waste, think they're longer.

Hi guys, thanks for responding. No the nut doesn't have to go below the marble, (I can cut a larger hole in the marble) but there has to be enough tail to accommodate the connection to the plastic u-bend/trap, which clearly does have to go below (it's inch + a quarter solvent bond). Who makes these things, can't I order a longer one? This must be a common problem, you'd think you could buy them in good lengths and just cut them off to suit?

Hans

It's inch + a quarter - I did think about the belfast sink waste idea, and interestingly enough I had similar difficulty with a belfast sink I installed last year - just barely enough protrusion to connect to the plastic.

i know what the problem is now when you tighten the trap on the nut binds against the backnut before its compressed the rubber seal on the lip of the trap
the answer is simple cut the nut on the trap down
use a junior and just cut a bit of keeping as straight as possible i normally take about 5mm of
not an option if its a chrome trap but chrome traps tend to have shallower nut
if it is a chrome trap try using two fibre washers in it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need longer slotted basin waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking for a basin waste and trap. I know the simple plughole and chain wastes are possibly the easiest to manage with but whats the next...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am planning to renovate my small en-suite and to replace the current standard basin with a counter basin. I have some doubts...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I need to fit a new waste trap connection under a bathroom basin, the pipe from the basin has no other pipes joining into it, it simply...
Replies
Views
Alasdair Fleming
A
Existing bath overflow and waste was a pop up and its broken, so needs replacing. Not going for a popup again. My requirements are - good water...
Replies
Views
I've been trying for about a year to replace two click clack plug bolts. I've tried the smallest one I can find here (number 05 @ Replacement Pop...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock