Discuss New Boiler and Nest Thermo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stuey confused

I'm at a total loss and could do with some advice please.
My Britony combi has finally gone to boiler heaven so obviously I need a new one.
This is where I'd like some advice on which one, it seems Worcester are a decent boiler but unsure which model. I live in a 1920 Victorian house, 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom. Decent size but takes some heating.
Im also interested in getting the Nest thermostat too, only problem is I don't seem to have a wall mounted thermostat from the previous relic.
So would this be a huge job to wire it up from the new boiler.?
Any boiler recommendations would be a great help as there too many to choose from with the CDI, junior etc

Many Thanks

stuart

Get a local gas safe engineer to pop round and go through the options available to you. Get a couple round for comparison, where do you live? Someone on here may be able to help.

Nests work well, I'm an approved installer. They are wireless communicating with the boiler but require a power source so you can either get a stand and plug it in, wall mount it and run the power lead to a plug socket or run a low voltage cable from the receiver box to the Unit. Where abouts are you based?

Last edited:
If you look on the nest site you'll be able to,find a local installer, ideally you want a gs engineer who is also a nest installer who can advise you how to proceed

Thanks for the reply.
so how does the Nest communicate with the boiler?

You have a receiver unit that you wire to the boiler, the nest communicates with this wirelessly but as it is an intelligent unit it needs more power to run than can be supplied by battery so the thermostat itself requires a power source.

If you are looking at a Worcester combi get a Wave, Worcester's equivalent to the Nest. The works intelligently with a Worcester boiler and varies the temperature from the boiler in accordance with weather conditions or the temperature of the house. The Nest just switches the boiler on and off.

If you are looking at a Worcester combi get a Wave, Worcester's equivalent to the Nest. The works intelligently with a Worcester boiler and varies the temperature from the boiler in accordance with weather conditions or the temperature of the house. The Nest just switches the boiler on and off.

once the nest is connected to your wifi it checks the local weather and does the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Boiler and Nest Thermo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock