Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss New central heating system - do I need OFTEC plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am having my one pipe system replaced with a two pipe. The Oil boiler is only 2 years old though so that is staying. Do I need an OFTEC registered plumber or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

Doesn't matter. Unless anything within the boiler, oil line, oil tank etc are affected.

As above if your just replacing the pipes no but as soon as you touch anything inside the boiler yes

They are strange bet you if you ask them to change the boiler and put a new system in they would be willing :)

Yeah....have the choice between an ex BG guy who seems very good or the local large plumbing firm who are oftec registered and installed the boiler originally. both are the same price.

Yeah....have the choice between an ex BG guy who seems very good or the local large plumbing firm who are oftec registered and installed the boiler originally. both are the same price.

Are you happy how they installed the boiler if so go with them

i only moved in a month ago so dont know. it works ok! I think the best option is the local firm as they are larger, oftec registered and much nearer . The only concern is I dont really know who will turn up and do the work as they have a team of 10 plumbers whereas with the ex BG guy who i know eaxctly who is coming

i only moved in a month ago so dont know. it works ok! I think the best option is the local firm as they are larger, oftec registered and much nearer . The only concern is I dont really know who will turn up and do the work as they have a team of 10 plumbers whereas with the ex BG guy who i know eaxctly who is coming

Well ask the local comp will the same lads be on the whole job etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New central heating system - do I need OFTEC plumber? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock