Discuss New indirect unveted cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chrisalderman

Hi,

Just about to replace my 3 year old cylinder. Thermostat failed and now the cold inlet is blocked due to scale.
I got two quotes till now. One for a Range Tribune HE 210L (same as the current one that needs replacing) and one for a RM StelFlow 210L, second a bit cheaper. Which one of these you guys recommend?

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks BLOD, definitely we will put a limescale prevention device, but that will be after we get the cylinder fixed. We use the boiler only, no idea if the electric immersion ever kicked in.

AWheating ... that will be nice, but there is nothing in the Range Tribune HE "Installation and Maintenance Instruction" manual anything mentioned about scale prevention device. Actually the only thing mentioned is that Range Tribune warranty does not cover limescale related problems :sad3:. I think NHBC warranty cover structural problems in the 10 year warranty. The plumbing is covered 2 years only by the builder.
But, on the same idea, should I consider that maybe the plumbing subcontractor did not installed a new cylinder? Sound pretty ... unprofessional (and it looked new when I got the keys). There is anyway I can check this now? Maybe serial number is the key?

phone the manufacture and ask if they advise scale protection? if they say yes then phone the nhbc and tell them that the cylinder was not fitted originallyto the manufactures requirements and thus its a design fault. You may get lucky and get it fixed for free, you may be told to go away but for a 20pence phone bill its worth the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New indirect unveted cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock