Discuss New rule,s starting April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys just like your thoughts on the changes starting in April, (Boiler Plus Program) regards weather compensation & other controls that must be fitted, even the customer cant refuse to have them, what's it going to add to the cost of an install ?

Hi guys just like your thoughts on the changes starting in April, (Boiler Plus Program) regards weather compensation & other controls that must be fitted, even the customer cant refuse to have them, what's it going to add to the cost of an install ?

More Ballcocks!

arnt trvs and a room stat going to mandatory now ?

Just use your Engineers discretion and treat everything on its own merits.

All through my working life ‘THEY’
Change their mind about all sorts. Then once they have it’s the law and you will be imprisoned for not doing it! Or that’s what ‘THEY’ tell you.
Then ‘THEY’ change it back again or to something completely different. I get tired of hearing it tbh Shaun.
Most of it has been done before.

Rant over.

Not sure mate. I fit them in my installs anyway. But stopped reading when I realised my installs are covered because of the smart controls that I fit most of the time.

Just use your Engineers discretion and treat everything on its own merits.

All through my working life ‘THEY’
Change their mind about all sorts. Then once they have it’s the law and you will be imprisoned for not doing it! Or that’s what ‘THEY’ tell you.
Then ‘THEY’ change it back again or to something completely different. I get tired of hearing it tbh Shaun.
Most of it has been done before.

Rant over.

as soon as they crack down on illegal installers then i might listen to them

It's a rainbow coloured sticker that causes Boilers and other appliances to cost more. 'They' invented it to give us all more red tape and nonsense to deal with instead of working.

This is my opinion of course, I cannot speak for anyone else. Although, I suspect a lot are on the same page!

Oops , shouldn’t I have shredded them ?

Some more snippets to think over had this from Baxi about the changes to part L.
1. Applies to England only.
2. supposed to be easy for installers.
3. don't comply you will face prosecution.
4. Policed by Building Control.
5. If customer doesn't want these extra controls it can lead to prosecution and fines up to 5k. for the customer,

Building control! what a joke they are. I fitted a boiler in 2007 and never got registered form some reason I must have forgot. The sale of the house last year was to be held up because of this. I gave the young chap a very large piece of my mind and I am not that way inclined at all. The silly fool accepted his bollocking and the sale went through

Mate of mine works for build control and like he says last thing on my mind is Wether the right room stat is fitted .

To busy to care about it tbh

3. don't comply you will face prosecution.
4. Policed by Building Control.
5. If customer doesn't want these extra controls it can lead to prosecution and fines up to 5k. for the customer,

Believe it when I see it!

It appears to me, that regulations are only followed by those of us with a conscience.
I think people with a conscience are more concerned with avoiding a bad reputation than being prosecuted but would rather avoid anything that goes against their own moral judgement and principles.

How do you deal with people who care about neither reputation nor prosecution?

It appears to me, that regulations are only followed by those of us with a conscience.
I think people with a conscience are more concerned with avoiding a bad reputation than being prosecuted but would rather avoid anything that goes against their own moral judgement and principles.

How do you deal with people who care about neither reputation nor prosecution?
That’s the problem mate. You cannot unless everyone sticks together to try and weed it all out.

That’s the problem mate. You cannot unless everyone sticks together to try and weed it all out.

I agree. In past years I have reported various things and to no avail.

I have used the RIDDOR process a few times and I give up. In future I don't think I could be bothered to waste my time. In fact, I am fairly sure that telling the woman in the Post Office would do more good. At least word would spread.

The process of punishment only works on those who care anyway.

If you are accountable for your actions, you are an easy target for the 'authorities'.

If you don't care, they won't chase you.

My opinion.

If I can't work the controls I won't fit em! I've only just worked out how to use me doro mobile telephone!!!

Here’s one for you. What happens when Engineer fit smart controls and the boiler comes on and off intermittently during the night waking up the whole house when it does so? #justsaying
#icannotbelieveijustusedahashtag

Always a good thing to make the system more effective . But many systems don't get wet up properly even b4 the added compensater

Dont think we will have much choice in the end here is some guidance chaps .cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-07-06-33-06.png

I agree. In past years I have reported various things and to no avail.

I have used the RIDDOR process a few times and I give up. In future I don't think I could be bothered to waste my time.

My opinion.

RIDOR is not a "call to action", but a means of collecting data, upon which future investigations, regs and requirements can be formulate,

It is also legally mandatory to register when appropriate.

I obviously have never seen anything ;)

RIDOR is not a "call to action", but a means of collecting data, upon which future investigations, regs and requirements can be formulate,

I know what it is.
When I have reported things and used a RIDDOR form, the HSE have contacted me to discuss the matter and also made contact with the end user. The point I was really making was that although bodies like the HSE and Gas Safe get involved in the things we report, they actually do very little, other than gather info as you say.

I know what it is.
When I have reported things and used a RIDDOR form, the HSE have contacted me to discuss the matter and also made contact with the end user. The point I was really making was that although bodies like the HSE and Gas Safe get involved in the things we report, they actually do very little, other than gather info as you say.

I know what it is.

I might sound like an idiot here but i don't know what a load compensator is, i've asked baxi and gas safe and they couldn't tell me either.. could someone on here tell me what it is..

manages the load on the boiler side

say you need 10 kw of heat on a warm ish day it will give you 10 kws and not the boilers cap etc

That’s what I thought. But better to be safe then sorry.

its aload of bollox again only just heard again theve changed it to include bgs hive (lowered the standards)

is that something new boilers do automatically ? would the baxi duotec do it ?

is that something new boilers do automatically ? would the baxi duotec do it ?

well if it has open therm yes it will but as you might know hive doesnt have that so dont have a clue how that works other than telling you no you cant set you heating to 25 as its warm outside :D

i guess bg made a stink or a payment was made

So a smart thermostat through an internet therm whatsit sets the load compensation ? to get this load compensation im guessing the physical thing to buy is a smart thermostat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New rule,s starting April. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock