Search the forum,

Discuss New van key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Does anybody know where I can get a new transit connect key? It's the normal one with no buttons.

Apparently it needs to be programmed or a cloned chip fitted

Ford dealer wants £140 - no thanks!

Get a key cut for it then tape the old key to the steering column so the widget activates the thingamijig!

A lot of the mobile automobile lock replacement guys have the kit for when they replace a broken key. Might be cheaper.

I got 2 new keys from a mobile fitter.
they have to code them from your van ( make sure they delete from the ecu, any old keys) still cost £130

got mine done from a local locksmith that advertised autokey when i had a tranny.
it was the cheapest i could find @£90

now i have a landy and the keys are £4 !!!!!!!!!!!

got mine done from a local locksmith that advertised autokey when i had a tranny.

Dont you get them free with a magnum ice cream.

As in the stick.

Go on ford forum. If it's old pre 2009 the key pairs with van u have to on it and off it afew times and other nonsense

just take the chip out of the old/broken key and glue it to the steering column, then the new unchipped keys will work ok :)

That chip is a security measure!! Some scrote might start it with a screwdriver one day lol!

£4 your being ripped of mate can get in a landy with a 50 nail file

aren't you a plumber? £140 to you is loose change :nopity:

Just do two more services in the week. Key paid for lol

aren't you a plumber? £140 to you is loose change :nopity:

Just do two more services in the week. Key paid for lol

2 jobs in a week, that'll be nice.

Just about to eat the left over lunch for tea, heating off, coat on. Bbbrrrr.....

Left over caviare, heating off - up to temp, and coat on because your off to pub?
:sorcerer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New van key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock