Discuss New van key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Does anybody know where I can get a new transit connect key? It's the normal one with no buttons.

Apparently it needs to be programmed or a cloned chip fitted

Ford dealer wants £140 - no thanks!

Get a key cut for it then tape the old key to the steering column so the widget activates the thingamijig!

A lot of the mobile automobile lock replacement guys have the kit for when they replace a broken key. Might be cheaper.

I got 2 new keys from a mobile fitter.
they have to code them from your van ( make sure they delete from the ecu, any old keys) still cost £130

got mine done from a local locksmith that advertised autokey when i had a tranny.
it was the cheapest i could find @£90

now i have a landy and the keys are £4 !!!!!!!!!!!

got mine done from a local locksmith that advertised autokey when i had a tranny.

Dont you get them free with a magnum ice cream.

As in the stick.

Go on ford forum. If it's old pre 2009 the key pairs with van u have to on it and off it afew times and other nonsense

just take the chip out of the old/broken key and glue it to the steering column, then the new unchipped keys will work ok :)

That chip is a security measure!! Some scrote might start it with a screwdriver one day lol!

£4 your being ripped of mate can get in a landy with a 50 nail file

aren't you a plumber? £140 to you is loose change :nopity:

Just do two more services in the week. Key paid for lol

aren't you a plumber? £140 to you is loose change :nopity:

Just do two more services in the week. Key paid for lol

2 jobs in a week, that'll be nice.

Just about to eat the left over lunch for tea, heating off, coat on. Bbbrrrr.....

Left over caviare, heating off - up to temp, and coat on because your off to pub?
:sorcerer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New van key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
C
Hi All, I have the boiler above and the safety thermostat has snapped at the plastic cable right where it means the thermostat. This looks...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
W
Hello all. I have fitted three new Saracen timed flow valves to existing shower rooms. But these valves are still allowing water to flow from...
Replies
Views
F
Does adaptor exist? Hi, looking to move a rad, the original valves will be hidden behind a bath, so I was wanting to leave original valves in...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back