Discuss New van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 2 plumber friends who bought 6-8 grand second hand vans and had problems which is what worries me but I've never bought anything new so it's all new to me. How does it work regarding the costs of the van being deducted from your tax bill, most of the plumbers near me have new vans and I have my old work horse, the image thing is making me wonder with me turning up in mine and the others in the nice shiny ones.
If buying new is it best to get a loan or do it from the van sales place?

Do you have an accountant? if so ask them which would be the most tax efficient way of purchasing or leasing a van.

Get a Hiace, tough as old boots, and slower. Ten year cam belt intervals, they're just bullet proof.

54 plate that's practically new as far as I'm concerned I've just upgraded from an S to a W reg well chuffed:wink5:

I am still running around in a Caddy van, which is only 4 years old but has 127k on it now.

Good little van, but I was thinking one of the new shape bi-turbo Vivaros

I am still running around in a Caddy van, which is only 4 years old but has 127k on it now.

Good little van, but I was thinking one of the new shape bi-turbo Vivaros

The caddy is just worn in... Would probs outlive the new bi-turbo vivaro too lol...

Aren't all these new vans just small engined & bolted on with turbos to give good performance... Surely that kind of engine won't last as long as it's being thrashed always?

Vivaro`s seem to be good or bad, know of a company running four 2014/15 Vivaro`s, one has been trouble free and two of the other three have had total loss of power and hence brakes (once on a motorway!), all three have had niggling faults with electrics and have spent days back at the dealer, aren`t they little 1.6 engines running with two turbos? - No thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock