Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No hot water but heating works fine.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brianj42

Got a Vaillant vcw-gb 242 eh combi boiler. Now 18 years old but serviced annually and worked like a dream, until now.

Central heating works no problem.

Turn on the kitchen hot water tap whilst the CH is on and the boiler switches off and the pressure rapidly drops off to zero.

Without the CH on the bathroom taps run hot and kicks the boiler into play no problem, but the kitchen hot tap does not start the boiler and runs cold.

The secondary HE has a slight leak, common problem with this boiler. But should that cause these issues ?

I have read it could be the expansion tank, another says it could be the HE and another it could be the diverter......

Corgi fitter has been here for 5 hours and he cannot make head nor tail of it.

Any Help would be appreciated

get a gas safe registered technician in and they should find the fault easily, corgi fitters have been persona non grata for several years now.

Sorry Lame, I meant to say the gas safe registered technician has been stumped for 5 hours.....Still thinking in Corgi...

Now what ?

cos you are not gsr then It would seem that advice wont be given here other than to say call some one in. Sorry

However 5 hours in and 18 yr old combi I would have said a lot sooner, time for a new boiler unless you want him to start dismantling and cleaning old relays found on this old girl

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, apologies Lame...Happen I should have read the warning "This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. "

I was just hoping to at least try and get an angle on what the problem may be so I can contact my guy and give pointers......

Ho Hum.

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum. No offence but if you have you give your gas safe registered guy pointers then it's time to find a new gas safe registered guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water but heating works fine.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock