Discuss No hot water / no ch - yet! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Hi all,

I have a customer who has an indirect unvented system. I would fire up the boiler and loud banging noises would come from around the 3-port and pump area and the boiler would shut down, turns out it was the pump (thanks for that "steve the plumber")

Anyway by request of the customer I fitted a new cylinder, new pump and new 3-port and I am still getting the same problem.

The system is full of sh** and to be honest could do with flush.

Could this problem be any of the following

Needs a flush as cant pump water?
Dodgy electrics forcing pump to cut out (the customer done his own wiring and it is dodgy)
or something else

It make this baging noise when calling for Hot Water and when calling for Hot water / CH

I know I have been going on on the thread but just wanted to give all the info.

any help would be great.

Cheers

probably be what you've mentioned - would of been a good idea to drain and flush while you were changing the cylinder and pump etc. also get your multi meter out and check the wires connections etc etc. they can both be ruled out then.

thanks for this q-plumb. I will look into both - wish I had flushed first now :rolleyes:

Cheers for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water / no ch - yet! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock