Discuss no HW / CH - Yet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Hi all,

I have a customer who has an indirect unvented system. I would fire up the boiler and loud banging noises would come from around the 3-port and pump area and the boiler would shut down, turns out it was the pump (thanks for that "steve the plumber")

Anyway by request of the customer I fitted a new cylinder, new pump and new 3-port and I am still getting the same problem.

The system is full of sh** and to be honest could do with flush.

Could this problem be any of the following

Needs a flush as cant pump water?
Dodgy electrics forcing pump to cut out (the customer done his own wiring and it is dodgy)
or something else

It make this baging noise when calling for Hot Water and when calling for Hot water / CH

I know I have been going on on the thread but just wanted to give all the info.

any help would be great.

Cheers

P.S. This is also posted in the general forum but wasn't sure where to put it.

morning all,

any ideas on this one as I have to get back to the customer day and am not really sure what to advise?

would appreciate any thoughts on this

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The way you describe this system sounds to me as though its an indirect vented system i.e. open to atmosphere. I would almost certainly say that sludge is the problem and a full system flush should resolve it idealy the pump needs to be removed and a makeshift piece of pipe in its place during the flushing process and pump replaced afterwards to stop any debris entering the pump. And i would get the electrics checked out.

will do Armo, thanks for your reply, you're right it is vented just wrote the wrong word. Thing is in the system (pipework) the sludge is almost like a blue version of those little polystyrene balls - never seen it before so not sure a flush would do the job??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no HW / CH - Yet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock