Discuss no modulation on heatline c24 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevep

I have a heatline c24 with no modulation on the gas valve.
Gas inlet reads 20mbar and min/max pressure setting will not adjust and are static at 4mbar.
Main/modulating coils have correct signal voltages and resistance of both coils is correct.
Can anyone advise if the gas valve is at fault.
Cheers

if youre competent to work on gas, then you should really know how to test a gas valve, i would suggest you do the tests, then you would know if its valve or pcb board.

from your description of the fault it points to the gas valve being fried,but as migoplumber says are you sure of what your faulting ?

If as you say would point to gas valve,although this boiler is low end,unusual gas valve fault,if I had to guess I would say your checks were slighty out and problem else were

have you put your gauge on the pressure outlet of the valve?

blocked gas valve inlet

Have just removed suspected faulty gas valve and found that gas valve inlet/ isolation tap was blocked with about a teaspoon of graphite swarf in gas valve/isolation tap.Is there a problem with gas meter and is it likely to reoccur.
Cheers

Re: blocked gas valve inlet

yes ,its called black dust,its becoming more common as gas is not as good as years ago ,because of where its from morcambe gas field is the main culpit

dont forget fga test when messing with gas pressure,these are usaully factory set,for co/co2 levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no modulation on heatline c24 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock