Discuss No more work til next year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I think I've finished for the year :D
May celebrate with a few tins and a bit of Ribeye tonight, just as a practice for Black friday tomorrow
A few of us (mainly one man bands of varying trades) usually have a day out and give ourselves a pat on the back for making it (relatively) safely through another year without loosing any of us
Anyone else having a day on the swally tomorrow ?

I've been off all week. It's very over rated. Eaten all the Christmas treats, was drinking dissorano at 11.15am yesterday and eating sausage rolls. Haven't put a pair of socks on in 2 days!

I finished at 1pm, immediately went to "can't turn the tap off" and have just got one for tomorrow "no heating"
I'm the only heating engineer/plumber we only do call outs for one largish client, I think they all knew I'd finished. Lol

I might treat myself to a can of strongbow cider and a mini roll.
There is no other apple juice based drink is there?

I've been off all week. It's very over rated. Eaten all the Christmas treats, was drinking dissorano at 11.15am yesterday and eating sausage rolls. Haven't put a pair of socks on in 2 days!

If I didn't wear socks in our house my toes would drop off, it's effing freezing now Mrs Swamp is on an economy drive

I'm clever, I just double quoted

I finished at 1pm, immediately went to "can't turn the tap off" and have just got one for tomorrow "no heating"
I'm the only heating engineer/plumber we only do call outs for one largish client, I think they all knew I'd finished. Lol

I've left a leaking Magnaclean iso valve with a bucket under it (actual valve body not the connections) until next year and also a shower, bath and basin with only luke warm water (rest of the house is fine apparently) and I don't feel a bit guilty
Will go out to breakdowns for regulars though......
The ones that own a pub, are extremely well off and tip very generously

May celebrate with a few tins and a bit of Ribeye tonight, just as a practice for Black friday tomorrow
A few of us (mainly one man bands of varying trades) usually have a day out and give ourselves a pat on the back for making it (relatively) safely through another year without loosing any of us

Up in Cockfield from 1 tomorrow afternoon till about 8. Handful of plumbers, electricians, tank guys etc get together over several drinks and some good food to put the world to rights. Normally a cracking session.

3 years that's taken you to learn!

Off topic but how did the fishing go last week?

Not brilliant
I told myself it was more a trial for the boat than a fishing trip
As you can guess I blanked, as did mate no 1
My ex mate (no 2) caught 1 smallish thornie and 2 codling around the 3 lb mark
But, as I told him on the way in, I won't take any praise for putting him on the fish, it's just not in my nature. I was just there to take them to the fish, make tea and fry some bacon for them...... and that's about all I did

Starting your swallyday's early John.....lol hope you enjoy....regards Turnpin:17:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No more work til next year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock