Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No pressure in expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Please.
We moved in to new (renovated) house few weeks ago .... The Santon Premier Plus unvented system, was installed about 3 years ago.
just discovered there is no pressure in the expansion vessel. Zero pressure when I put a tyre pressure gauge on the Schafer valve. Tried to pressure it using a small air pump ( for tyres) but no joy.
The water seems to be ok ... Plenty of pressure and hot and cold ok ... although some taps take ages for hot to come through.
What is the consequence of running system without any pressure in the expansion vessel. If all is ok at the moment ... Do I need an expansion vessel at all?
i assume I'll just need to replace the Schrader valve to get it working as I can't hear anything hissing or leaking when I try to pressurise it.
Many thanks
James

You need to get an engineer in to fix this for you and check/service the system whilst there at it,
you do need the expansion vessel and arnt allowed/qualified to touch it yourself

if you post your isuue and post code in the I'm looking for area of this forum
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]
I'm sure someone will be happy to come round and help you out

+1 for above. The expansion vessel is one of the safety features of the unvented unit & will need checked for pressure compatible with the system/unit & possibly even may require new proper replacement vessel sometimes.
You are not qualified to do any work to it as it is law that unvented units must be installed or serviced by G3 enginer. Need serviced once every year.
Also very dangerous if the unit could explode.

Unvented engineer would not charge much for re-pressurising a vessel, well at least i wouldnt lol

Hi there James, welcome along to the forum, i am a bit worried youve tried to do this without the proper experience, im not having a go so please dont think that and we are here to help as much as we can , but the expansion vessel is a key part in the safe workings of your pressurised hot water tank, as the guys have already shown with the video , best thing to do is call your local plumbing n heating engineer round making sure there qualified with the G3 ticket ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No pressure in expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock