Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss no pressure on boiler after replacing a radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goonerwin

hi,
I replaced radiator and now the pressure is at zero on the boiler, think I have a sealed system I have tried to refill the system but no water is going in.

You have no tanks in the loft ? If so you should have a braided hose under the boiler or in the airing cupboard. Both taps need to be inline with the pipes rather than perpendicular to it for them to be open and water to enter. You will hear the movement of the water once it starts working. Or your pressure guage is faulty.

What boiler do you have , some as above have a external filling point, others are what is called built in , this you will find under the boiler, look in boiler user instructions it will tell you, But letting us know what boiler you have will help.

Hi its a Worchester SBI15, there is a fixed pipe beneath the boiler with a tap to refill the system, I have turned the tap on but the pressure remains at zero and I cannot hear any water going into the system. I have bled all of the radiators apart from one as the bleed valve is worn and cannot turn it.

Is this the large white key ? if so next to it will be a small squire plastic piece that is what turns on the water

no, the tap is attached to a fixed copper pipe which I think is directly fed from the mains

uploadfromtaptalk1444729127877.jpg

the same boiler but I have checked and there is no key and the water is fed directly into the boiler from pipe with tap IMG_1203.JPGIMG_1202.JPG

Ok the brass tap is the mains water , under the boiler you can see the small grey tap the larger black plastic hole need a white key (plastic) that's fits in this slot twists and locks in then you open the small grey tap to fill system, if you don't have key, go to local boiler spares and buy one Proberly around ÂŁ10.

Last edited:
unless you have anything worthwhile to contribute keep your opinions to yourself

Someone nearly got slapped then. But I will be watching this thread like a coiled thingy.

My daughters 18th.
Silly me forgot either.....

Get hammered to get to sleep
Or
Have a few and be awake all night weeing with acid reflux

Lol, give her a birthday kiss for me Phil.

She'll soon be scaring you!

Roll on university. 11 months to go. She then can scare Edinburgh !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no pressure on boiler after replacing a radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock