Discuss No smoke without fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Hi all,

This is the problem - I have no fire! I have a Rothenberger quick fire torch and it just does not want to light. I have used it about 3 times. Using propane and that seems to be getting through as it stinks when I am trying to fire it up so I know its not the cylinder. Anyone got any thoughts on how to fix it or why it is doing this? Could send it back but cant really be ars*d with the hassle.

Cheers

Probably the piezo clicker. Is there a spark (with the gas off of course)?

when you press the button, will it light via a cigarette lighter?.
if not turn up the gas flow.
if so,
it could be flux on the electrde thing inside, or too far from the earthing.#
rotenburger will exchange under guarentee anyway, if you cant be bothered post it to me.

Thanks for your responses. It works when I use a lighter to get it going (cheers for that advice), so will just carry on like this for the time being as need it for work.

Cheers all and happy christmas

Neal

Thanks for your responses. It works when I use a lighter to get it going (cheers for that advice), so will just carry on like this for the time being as need it for work.

Cheers all and happy christmas

Neal
take it apart and clean it all

unscrew the nozzle, little wire looking bit, its insulated, scrape a couple of mill of the end.

call rothenberger tell them your problem, they will send you a service kit

Update.

Well I have spoken to Rothenberger and they have now sent me 2 replacement tubes and all of the bits to make a full repair - still nothing.

Without the receipt there is not alot more they can do so have decided to get a new one. Must have just been a duff one or maybe I am just way to heavy handed?

Anyway on a plus point I have a super fire 2 to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No smoke without fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock