Discuss no wonder we can not get work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
I helped a g/s reg eng on sat to change a combi boiler in a landlords flat, cupboard so arkward, when I said I would fitt the TRV,s he said oh I dont fitt them, fill in the log book or regester it, as letting agent will not pay, so if I do some else gets the work.
Also no room state or earth bonding. What on earth are we to do?

all too common fella , i belive its all about educating the customer , i even take a blank bench mark with me when i do quotes and run through it with them. even advise them questions to ask the next plumber

I agree they always want the cheap option but in the long run it cost them more and they cant see the bigger picture!!

this works the same in any trade fella. i am a builder and i am honest, my work is quality and i only use quality materials but the customer often goes for the cheapest price on offer then no doubt demands the top level of customer care when all goes wrong. no doubt they get met with 2 stiff fingers as opposed to us guys not having to go back and put our own work right cos we do it right with quality materials.

I agree they always want the cheap option but in the long run it cost them more and they cant see the bigger picture!!
landlords and letting agents dont pay for the gas thats used so they will not pay for energy saving devices as the tennat pays for gas

:carolers::carolers:They should consider it then the tenent might stay in the house longer. They might compare there gas bill with there mates and think WOW my landlord is looking after me giving m a GSH with solar hot water and A rated condensing boiler. Maybe not!

letting agents I've worked for make more money if tenants change regularly.

all you can do is advise them if they dont want them then you cant force them

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no wonder we can not get work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock