Search the forum,

Discuss Not as young as I used to be. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm doing a little install at the moment and I'm starting to feel it! My left knee is killing and my neck is aching (probably from throwing a radiator on my shoulder and walking 150 mtrs)

Certainly takes its toll on your body this game. I've found those redback knee pads to be a godsend.

I will have to take a look at them.

It doesn't help I whacked my knee years ago whilst kayaking and it's right there it hurts the most.

That's one of the reasons I don't do large installs anymore, Age/Knees/ back but mainly to much hassle and S--t prices

“Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.

Sod the knee pads - mistake you made was going to work in the first place

Last edited:
It doesn't help I whacked my knee years ago whilst kayaking and it's right there it hurts the most.

I kicked a fridge in anger because someone recorded over a programme I had taped when I was 18 (I'm 36.) My foot still hurts and ocassionally wakes me up at night. Genius decisions 101.

I had an apprentice start with me today. Keen as mustard and full of energy. I had him running back and forth to the van and up and down the stairs all day. He was asleep in the van driving back! Haha, I hardly even feel like I've been at work today!

I had an apprentice start with me today. Keen as mustard and full of energy. I had him running back and forth to the van and up and down the stairs all day. He was asleep in the van driving back! Haha, I hardly even feel like I've been at work today!

Did you raid his lunchbox ?

Did you raid his lunchbox ?

Haha no, not on day one! Although his mum had made him a good selection for lunch! He was ready and waiting at 6.10am, he hasn't been on his phone all day and he even tidied up the front of the van. All that for 22 quid a day! Good lad!

remember when I had a left and right knee....

Now I have the good un and the knackered one ;)

Haha no, not on day one! Although his mum had made him a good selection for lunch! He was ready and waiting at 6.10am, he hasn't been on his phone all day and he even tidied up the front of the van. All that for 22 quid a day! Good lad!

If you look after him ,his mum may look after you :)

Little thought
as a youngster, you wake up with a stiffie wondering what to do with it,( last a few years)
later you wake up knowing what to do, looking for someone to do it with, (last a few years less)
a little later you wake up with some to do it with (the shortest period of life's little game)
then you wake up knowing what to do, with someone not willing to do it (lasts quite a while)
then I gather you wake up wishing you could even get a little stiffie..............................

I bet he's been winging to his mother this evening - "he's a right lazy b**t*rd

I'm a breath of fresh air I'll have you know! I've got two rubble sacks of fittings to organise tomorrow so he'll get a sit down.

I'm a breath of fresh air I'll have you know! I've got two rubble sacks of fittings to organise tomorrow so he'll get a sit down.

Bet you don`t ask Kate to count them all like you did before. :devil2:

I'm old. Had to down 2 packets of skittles and 1/2 bottle of cola before I could bring myself to climb three flights of stairs to job today

its the reason i go mountain biking,it strengthens your legs,knees and back,saying that if you rode like i do its all null and void if you crash,been very lucky so far fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not as young as I used to be. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock