Discuss Not convinced my new TRVs are any good in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I installed 2 sets of TRVs on my radiators in the front room but not convinced they make the radiators as hot as they could be if they were fitted with ordinary valves. They are set to the hottest position. Any clues?

If you want conviction rather than opinion you're going to need to measure the radiator temperature anyway. Infra-red thermometer.

Take the TRV heads off and see if temperature returns. Odd and unlikely that both TRV's are malfunctioning, have you installed them correctly?

Take the TRV heads off and see if temperature returns. Odd and unlikely that both TRV's are malfunctioning, have you installed them correctly?
Yep. Installed to instructions both on the flow. I noticed that the pin inside the TRV doesn't move up or down very much but that's probably the way they were manufactured.

The 2 radiators are new column style ones. They came with a spring type thing that could be inserted into the bottom of the rad but after a call to the supplier they said I didn't need to insert them.

I would not put to much confidence on what suppliers said re spring baffles.
They are there to push flow round rad.
About 2 years ago we needed to install a designer rad as a heat leak
After long discussion with manufacturer (radiator company) we installed it as they instructed only half the dam thing worked!
Not quite what was required

I would not put to much confidence on what suppliers said re spring baffles.
They are there to push flow round rad.
About 2 years ago we needed to install a designer rad as a heat leak
After long discussion with manufacturer (radiator company) we installed it as they instructed only half the dam thing worked!
Not quite what was required
So the springs ain't worth installing. Not that I want to cause it'll mean draining down again :(

Reply to Not convinced my new TRVs are any good in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock