Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Not convinced my new TRVs are any good in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I installed 2 sets of TRVs on my radiators in the front room but not convinced they make the radiators as hot as they could be if they were fitted with ordinary valves. They are set to the hottest position. Any clues?

If you want conviction rather than opinion you're going to need to measure the radiator temperature anyway. Infra-red thermometer.

Take the TRV heads off and see if temperature returns. Odd and unlikely that both TRV's are malfunctioning, have you installed them correctly?

Take the TRV heads off and see if temperature returns. Odd and unlikely that both TRV's are malfunctioning, have you installed them correctly?
Yep. Installed to instructions both on the flow. I noticed that the pin inside the TRV doesn't move up or down very much but that's probably the way they were manufactured.

The 2 radiators are new column style ones. They came with a spring type thing that could be inserted into the bottom of the rad but after a call to the supplier they said I didn't need to insert them.

I would not put to much confidence on what suppliers said re spring baffles.
They are there to push flow round rad.
About 2 years ago we needed to install a designer rad as a heat leak
After long discussion with manufacturer (radiator company) we installed it as they instructed only half the dam thing worked!
Not quite what was required

I would not put to much confidence on what suppliers said re spring baffles.
They are there to push flow round rad.
About 2 years ago we needed to install a designer rad as a heat leak
After long discussion with manufacturer (radiator company) we installed it as they instructed only half the dam thing worked!
Not quite what was required
So the springs ain't worth installing. Not that I want to cause it'll mean draining down again :(

Reply to Not convinced my new TRVs are any good in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock