Discuss Not once in 5 years, then twice in a week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Turn off water > work on something > turn water on > water p***es from screw on isolating valve on pipe. But not one I've touched. Infact not anywhere near anything I've been working on - but just so happened (fortunately) to be in the same room as me so I saw and replaced.

Have I been really lucky up until now? Or just really unlucky this week?

Ball-o-fix great invention.......until cheapo's arrived....hope it did'nt spoil your day regards Turnpin:punk:

Turnpins said what i was gona say.. theyre makin them cheap crap now. Infact ive stopped purchasing them and go for the lever type ones as got ****ed off with screws leakin.

Screws either leak or disconnect from the ball inside the valve. I realised cheap ball-o-fix valves were tat years ago. The seal in them can't take heat, - so no good for heating pipes or even hot water supplies. Too narrow a bore for a lot of jobs also.
i think the more substantial but fairly cheap full bore valves use ptfe seals & probably good for years.

Last edited:
No it's usually been soldered with plug in so won't drain off then it just leaks from stem.

Bless me father, for I have sinned. I spent half the eighties and all of the nineties selling cheap iso valves, cheap pump valves, and cheap DOCs.

I did stock good valves, but none of my cheapskate customers were prepared to pay for them. It was only about 2005, after 2 decades of shocking shyte that the tide started to turn - a process that is still far from complete. :)

Bless me father, for I have sinned. I spent half the eighties and all of the nineties selling cheap iso valves, cheap pump valves, and cheap DOCs.

I did stock good valves, but none of my cheapskate customers were prepared to pay for them. It was only about 2005, after 2 decades of shocking shyte that the tide started to turn - a process that is still far from complete. :)

I think you should make a KARMA list, my name is earl esq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not once in 5 years, then twice in a week. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Back