Search the forum,

Discuss Not Seen That Before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Veggie Dave

I was round at a customer's place today looking at a number of small jobs they need doing. Nothing too difficult, mostly little things caused by lazy plumbers/DIYers in the past.

Then he asked me to look at the bath that he wants replumbing.

I walk into what initially looks like a brand new, quite large and obviously rather expensive wetroom. For some reason there are two radiator tails sticking out of the floor (it turns out the plumber who did the wetroom put the toilet too close to the wall so the radiator that was supposed to go there didn't fit). And then I notice something odd with the bath - there's some obviously DIY fitted flexi pipe going from the bath trap to the shower.

'Er, why is there flexi pipe from the bath going into the shower?'

'Because', I'm told, 'the plumber didn't fit a waste pipe to the roll top bath.'

'Didn't you get him back to sort it?'

'He was adamant that no one had told him to fit waste pipework for the bath, so he didn't do it!'

I think that's the first time I've ever been speechless on a job before.

He did fit a waste for the shower, though - right into the surface water drain...

I was round at a customer's place today looking at a number of small jobs they need doing. Nothing too difficult, mostly little things caused by lazy plumbers/DIYers in the past.

Then he asked me to look at the bath that he wants replumbing.

I walk into what initially looks like a brand new, quite large and obviously rather expensive wetroom. For some reason there are two radiator tails sticking out of the floor (it turns out the plumber who did the wetroom put the toilet too close to the wall so the radiator that was supposed to go there didn't fit). And then I notice something odd with the bath - there's some obviously DIY fitted flexi pipe going from the bath trap to the shower.

'Er, why is there flexi pipe from the bath going into the shower?'

'Because', I'm told, 'the plumber didn't fit a waste pipe to the roll top bath.'

'Didn't you get him back to sort it?'

'He was adamant that no one had told him to fit waste pipework for the bath, so he didn't do it!'

I think that's the first time I've ever been speechless on a job before.

He did fit a waste for the shower, though - right into the surface water drain...
The "plumber" obviously thought if your going to have a wetroom you might as well make sure its always wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not Seen That Before in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock