Discuss Notching and drilling joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you hate it so much why not ask a joiner for a price for lifting boards up and notching if you do him a kindof spec/plan . suppose it could work ok if you had a big heating job to do, or ask a some sort of labourer / hadyman to do it. you never know, times ar hard, work slow for some and its just before christmas, some might be willing to do it. i have done this with chasing pipes in floors ect before. Plumber price per hour is a fair bit more than a loubourer, so you better off going to do something else whilst he is at it, as often he can do it quicker anyway!

Don't pay, get an apprentice! He can drill / cut in any direction and even works when wet. / knee deep in water. Clips when through holes ( 25mm hole speed fit 22 with 15 through it and saddle clips screwed through side of clip into joist. But only sparkies drill joists, not vey easy to feed a length of copper through joist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Angle drill and hep pipe when possible otherwise some smelly felt and nail clips

Or how about these ? They are for use in notches, not holes though. Pegler Yorkshire

The newer guidance for notching says to drill two holes as "corners" and cut two vertical lines down to meet the holes creating a "u" shape rather than rectangular, so these wouldn't fit, TBH if you are notching or drilling joists why do you need to clip them down they are supported at every joist, so a bit of lagging keeps the pipes quiet

The newer guidance for notching says to drill two holes as "corners" and cut two vertical lines down to meet the holes creating a "u" shape rather than rectangular

I can see every heating squad in the country taking up that idea. They would need to invent a curved rip snorter blade :smile:

A router with a bull nose cutter does the same but faster and you can set depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Notching and drilling joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock