Discuss Notching and drilling joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liz Knowles

Does anyone find notching joists a complete pain and are there any products out there that are an alternative or any other ways of hiding pipework?

No way around it unless you want to run all pipework on the surface!

A cordless circular saw,a Fein Multimaster and good quality spade bits will make it easier.

No way around it unless you want to run all pipework on the surface!

A cordless circular saw,a Fein Multimaster and good quality spade bits will make it easier.

Thanks - are there any products for clipping pipes to joists that you know of?

How about this?

masonrypipeclip.jpg

You could use one of these
[DLMURL="http://www.visualart.ro/test/details.php?image_id=764&sessionid=9a8648e0eae6bb4aeba489863e2aeb11"]VisualART - Gallery[/DLMURL]

If not it would always be handy in the fight against the cowboys:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time since I have been on here...
When I asked the question, I was thinking more of how you secure a pipe in a notched joist or a joist which you have drilled. I know a saddle clip can be used in a notch but obviously you need to make the notch big enough to accomodate the clip. How would you do it if the notch had to be narrow or if a pipe was passing through a hole made in the joist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Notching and drilling joists in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock